Monday, November 12, 2007

Black Dot whisperings

I live in a crazy place in a crazy time. We are in a time when our actions have very large consequences, but who says we can't kick ass? Just because the situation our world is in seems desperate, does that mean we should despair? I argue that most people I know say they work best at crunch-time... Perhaps now it is time to put up or shut up. I observe a world of artifice and superficial substance and am scared of the waste we accept of it. Why do we need to pay the middle man? The bureaucracy doesn't work and we don't have to let it exist. They may argue we'll be destroying jobs, but I argue that it destroys jobs. It allows mediocrity, limits greatness, and entrenches itself further in our society like a cancer. Why not endorse local artisans rather than faceless corporations? Easier said than done. I'm a hypocrite. Convenience is my vice, perhaps it is sloth. Perhaps the internet can give me some respite. Through this crazy technology, we can excise the middle man. Perhaps technology is not as evil as many think it to be. Perhaps technology will provide us with the answers for our crises. Could abundant energy be something that could bring about enough economic destabilization to bring about something closer to a direct system of capital that represents the people's worth and their interests, rather than one that is best exploited by those in place to do so? Check it out.


No comments: