Monday, September 17, 2007

Grasping Reality

Is it going to far when you dial the phone to your employer. Thinking about the previous night's conversation with your brother. A conversation about your disapproval of the financial situation at work. Suddenly, the thought of how predictably I had reacted to the conditions involved from a psychological standpoint and feeling disappointed that I had been so negative about the money situation because of hard times at work. Those guys are good guys. In fact, the guys I work with are guys that I would love to be able to work with for the rest of my life. There is no better career I could think of. Working in something that makes you feel like you are contributing to your maximum potential (and then some) for the best interest of the world is the most gratifying thing I could think of. The people I work with are very talented, and very honorable. The things we work on are motivating, pioneering, and relevant to humanity now and forever. I couldn't ask for a better place to be in my life. I wish everything, and everybody could find that something for themselves. I think it comes from finding what you are great at, and excelling at whatever that is; because we shouldn't dwell on the things that others get, but be more concerned with what we give. I guess that is something nice to say, but you have to get something in order to give anything. Perhaps I'm just raving and my mind wanders far more than anyone could find interesting, but I cannot help the way my head works. I know I am idealistic, but it is good to think for the best. I like to think that we can visualize what should be, work to make it the closest we can, accept what we get, and do the best with that, that we can.

No comments: